It is believed that Windows XP is the most used operating system around the world. If your operating system becomes older, then older you will have the system with outdated drivers which interfere with the performance of your PC, the devices attached to it and added software. This outdated driver can also affect the latest operating system. Therefore you should use a perfect updater as it provides all in one fix and is compatible with Windows 7, XP and Vista.
Mentioned below are some of the common error codes which are generated by your device manager and also how to fix them.
This device is not configured correctly. (Code 1)
- Reason- Device drivers are missing or configured incorrectly
- Solution- The solution for this is to update your drivers.
The driver for this device might be corrupted or system may run slow on memory or some other resources. (Code 3)
- Reason- This error occurs due to the corruption of device driver
- Solution- To fix this error, you should close some of the application or update your driver or install additional RAM
Device cannot start. (Code 10)
- Reason- It occurs because there is no fail reason string in the hardware key.
- Solution- The solution for this error will be by updating your drivers.
Reinstall the drivers for this device. (Code 18)
- Reason- This happens due to partially installed or corrupted driver.
- Solution- To fix this error, you have to uninstall or update your drivers and then reinstall the driver.
Drivers are not installed for this device. (Code 28)
- Reason- It occurs due to missing device drivers
- Solution- To fix this error, update your drivers or install the driver from the manufactures website.
This device is not working properly because Windows are unable to load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)
- Reason- Operating system is unable to load the driver
- Solution- You should update your driver to fix this error
Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware. (Code 37)
- Reason- It occurs when the driver returned a failure after it executed the driver entry routine.
- Solution- To solve this error, you should update your drivers or uninstall and then reinstall the driver.
Windows cannot access this hardware due to missing of service key information in the registry or recorded incorrectly. (Code 40)
- Reason- The reason for this error is due to registry’s service subkey information for the drive is invalid.
- Solution- Update your driver and reinstall the driver to solve this type of error.
Windows successfully loaded the device for this hardware but unable to find hardware device. (Code 41)
- Reason- It happens because a driver was installed for non-plug and play device and windows cannot find the device.
- Solution- Here also you have to update your drivers and reinstall the driver.
The software for such device has been blocked because it has problems with Windows. Therefore you have to contact hardware vendor for a new driver. (Code 48)
- Reason- This error occurs because latest version of driver is needed.
- Solution- To solve this error, you have to update your driver.