File History in Windows 8.x is a feature that provides regular backup various versions of your files, folder and other documents and also allows OneDrive files available offline on your PC to restore them when you lost your original one. This feature is basically made on prior technologies incorporated by Microsoft and it is quiet helpful for the users.
When errors encountered in File History it displays a message in the notification area or on the taskbar. If the system is unable to process the File History and displaying message for immediate solutions then doesn’t panic, carefully read that error message showing in Action Center and match it with the list of notifications mentioned below. After complete identification of error follow the following step to solve such problem.
Steps to use Action Center:
- Put your mouse pointer on the top of your screen and drag it down to select search
- In the search box write Action Center and select settings option
- Select the icon
- From the list of maintenance note for the file history error.
Note: to see the error message go to the Change Action Center settings and make a search on the File History.
Message 1: Select a different File History drive
This message comes when your File History has some shortage of space so for this you can start it on a new fresh drive or you can copy it to a larger module.
To start over with a new drive
- Select windows + w button together and choose search option under settings
- Type File History and click the icon from results
- From the left pane press select drive option.
- Highlight the new drive and after that press OK
To move files into a new drive
- Open the above mentioned select drive option
- Attempt one of following task on the Change your File History drive page:
- Attach an external device and after refreshing the page select for the device.
- Click Add network location, browse to a location and after that make selection for the folder to choose network location.
- Press yes so that all your data will get copied to new location
Message 2: Change how long File History keeps files
This type of message comes when your drive is full. For this you can set limit for the amount of time it keeps the older versions files.
- Open File History box
- Select for Advanced settings option
- Under versions:
- Mention for the time to which it keep copies of file saved.
- By modifying or making changes in the Keep saved versions you can easy determine time limit of holding data.
- Click to Save changes
Message 3: Reconnect your drive
This type of message comes when the selected drive gets disconnected for long time or you longer have space to save additional data. To fix this problem re-connect your device or make fresh selection for the network and wait till the next scheduled backup.
Message 4: Check your File History drive for errors
This message informs you that your system is encountered for internal errors located in your program. To fix such problem use the Repair option.
- Open Action Center
- Click to Repair option
- Wait while the system correcting the error
Message 5: Re-enter your network sign-info info
The message declared when a user enters a wrong username or password. So for this you firstly need to be sure about the network that is it accessible or not. If all tasks are running smoothly then re-enter your sign in info and try again for the process of file copying.
- In start menu search box type file history and select for file history settings
- Click to Enter network credentials
- In this new window enter your username and password
- Check for the Remember my credentials
- And at last press ok
If the above mentioned step doesn’t work to restore your data using File History then you can opt a professional software like Data Recovery pro. With the help of this software you can retrieve your encrypted, recycled files. It can also retrieve files from many storage devices. It is the best software and is very capable to fix all such problem. This software can save your recover files safely in a selected destination.
Steps to recover deleted e-mails
Step – 1: Launch the application and start the scan process
Step – 2: Select the file which you want to recover
Step -3: Also Recover E-mails