- Device Manager can’t start the device.
- Drivers are missing that the device needs
- Availability of insufficient information with device manager to recognize the error that bubbled up by the device driver.Note: In this situation, the Code 10 error can be a very generic message that indicates kind of unspecified driver or device problem.
Troubleshooting methods for Code 10 error:
It’s mainly related to hardware and driver issues of the device or even compatibility issues at times between hardware drivers and additional software that’s being installed in Windows. Hence, we recommend you to troubleshoot such issues by focusing on drivers primarily, along with on device configuration issues, and on hardware compatibility issues.
There is always the chance that the error Code 10 you’re seeing on a device was caused by some temporary problem in Device Manager or with the hardware. If so, a reboot might fix the Code 10 error.
Incompatible, outdated, or corrupted device drivers
If you notice that the Code 10 error is related to incompatible, outdated, or corrupted device drivers, below methods can help to get rid of it;
ü Update the hardware’s device driver through Windows Update.
ü Update the device drivers from the vendor’s website. Follow their installation or update instructions.
To resolve Error Code follow recommended steps below:
- Rebooting your system – this is always a first step in resolving any problems, if it works – great, if not – proceed further!
- Go to Start > All Programs > Windows Update
- Do right-click on My Computer
- Click Properties > Hardware menu tab > Device Manager
- Double-click the device due to which the error is happening (there will be a yellow triangle with exclamation mark on the left of it)
- Right-click on the specific device and go to Properties
- Click on the Driver menu tab and opt for Update Driver
- Windows will ask you for the path of the driver where you either insert your Drivers disk (if you have it) or else you will have to download the Drivers from the manufacturers website
- When you downloading and installing all that you need to update your drivers simply restart your PC for the drivers to take effect.
Note: Make sure that the device drivers that are being installed are fully compatible with your version of current Windows operating system. Since finding the exact version of drivers that can suit your system is toughest part in resolving this issue.
Many people find it difficult in getting what they exactly need for overcoming their driver related error and keep on searching the net for long and long. Hence it’s better to let someone else find what your system requires i.e. DRIVER CURE. In case of updating your drivers, Driver Cure takes a big responsibility that makes it easier and automated. This tool is very easy to operate with its user friendly interface and it is more affordable than any other driver updating software.