Sometimes, when you plug a USB device to your Windows 8 computer, you may receive a USB Device Not Recognized pop up message. If your USB device is not detected, then this post will show you how you can fix the USB Device Not Recognized in Windows 8 issue.
The most possible reason for this issue can be due to conflict between other USB devices that users might have connected to the computer. In order to fix this issue, users should try to remove other connected USB devices, restart the computer and then reconnects the USB device to the computer, without connecting the other devices to the computer at all.
Most of the time the above method solve the problem, but if you still face the problem then the issue might be due to old or outdated USB drivers. Although drivers for almost all types of USB are available in Windows 8 driver database, but there might be some ports that the operating system not able to detect. So, if this is the case then it is recommended that you must update your old or outdated driver with latest version of USB driver to fix the issue.
In order to make thing easier for you, Windows 8 automatically searches for and downloads the latest version of USB drivers from the internet. But the process of driver search and download must be started by the user manually.
Similarly like other software and driver updates processes, the USB drive update also needs prominent privileges. It means that in order to update the USB driver, you have to log on to administrator account on your Windows 8 computer.
Steps on How to Update USB Drivers
To update USB drivers in Windows 8, follow the below steps:
- Log on to Windows 8 computer with the administrator account.
- Take a not that the computer is well connected with an active Internet connection.
- Click Desktop tile from the Start screen to go to the desktop window.
- On the desktop screen, hover mouse to the bottom right corner of the window.
- From the displayed icon, click on Settings.
- On the Settings pane, go to Control Panel.
- From the Control Panel window, click on Hardware and Sound.
- From Hardware and Sound window, click on Device Manager under Devices and Printers category from the right pane.
- From Device Manager window, expand the Universal Serial Bus controllers category.
- Once expanded, right-click the USB controller that needs to be updated.
- From the context menu that displays, click on Update Driver Software to update the driver of the selected USB controller.
- On the displayed box, click on Search automatically for updated driver software to enable the Windows to search for the updated driver from the Internet.
- Now just wait till the selected driver gets updated from the Internet and on the next page, simply click Close.
- Close Device Manager window, when process completes.
After you update the USB driver on your Windows 8 system, you will now not face any USB connection issue. However if you still face the same issue, then it is recommended that you must use a third party software know as RegHunter. It will help you in scanning your Windows 8 system and notify you what are the issues or errors your system is having and how easily you can fix it. It will help in detecting hardware issue and tells you how you can update the system hardware so that you will not face any issue related to hardware. Beside this RegHunter has several features such as it clean your PC, fix registry errors, fix startup errors and optimize the performance of your Windows system.