A quite common error message is seen as “outlook data file cannot be accessed”, and this is produced due to an Outlook profile issue. Outlook renders this error message along with a numeric value, or by assigning an alternative name to this error “Outlook error 0x8004010f”.
The prior reason behind showing “outlook.pst could not be accessed” error message is considered to be bug and can be solved by handling these damaged profile.
It’s also seen at some places that this error message can also occur if a user tries to perform any sending/receiving operation via specific account after moving an outlook .pst file from one location to another location.
Fix Error Outlook .PST file cannot be accessed
For figuring out the error three major steps should be followed as below;
- Determine location of default PST file which is causing the error.
- Creation of new Outlook account.
- Create a new profile as default.
Do as shown below for implementing above methods.
Identify about default Outlook data file:
- Open “Control panel” in your machine.
- Click mail button.
- By clicking on mail button user will be forwarded to mail setup button window. Then click on show profile.
- Then select a profile and hit on properties button.
- Click on Data files option.
- Choose “Data Files” tab and get the listed default data file.
- In the account setting window click on “New” button under “Email” tab.
- Choose email service and hit “Next” button.
- Fill all required details like name, email address, password then finalize the process by hitting next.
Mark the configured Outlook profile as default:
- Again via “control Panel” reach on “Mail” dialog box and select “Always use this profile”.
- In “Account Setting” panel, under “Email” tab, choose email account that was causing issues and click on “Change Folder” located down left side of screen.
If you are working with number of PST files, then select Inbox folder of another Outlook Data file and press “OK”. In opposite, if there is a single data file, then create another new one and do earlier performed action.
Hopefully, if you follw above steps it will fix error with Outlook PST file.
But if in case even after performing everything said above do not fix your issue then you must try out for an effective third party recovery tool. And the best one available for this purpose is Outlook Email Recovery Tool.
- Recovers all the E-mails and the deleted mails and restores all the messages from the corrupted mail stores.
- Recovers Emails and restores all the attachments along with the email messages.
- It provides with the preview all the mail recovery and restores them before saving them.
- PST or EML files recovery and saves the Emails and restores all the mails back.
- Restores formatting of RTF and HTML messages