There are lots of people in the whole world who totally rely on Microsoft Outlook for their work such as keeping notes, managing emails, scheduling tasks etc and many more because Microsoft Outlook has the ability to store all the above information in single file which is known as PST or Personal Storage Table file.
PST files stays in C drive by default which saves all the calendar items which you create, emails you receive or send, task that you schedule, organize calendar etc. and any kind of damage or corruption occur to PST file, it results in loss of data.
Reasons for PST file corruption
Corruption of PST file is very much heartbreaking and becomes more when you face problem in accessing or opening Microsoft Outlook. This shows that your PST file has been corrupted and corruption occur because of many reasons such as:
- There are various reasons for corruption but the most common for corruption is due to closing the Microsoft Outlook in an abnormally way and when it is in a state of processing unsaved data to a PST file. This can happen due to a sudden shutdown of the system or sometimes due to power failure.
- Corruption occurs due to over sizing of the PST file. Because Microsoft Outlook 2007 & 2010 supports large file sizes such as20 to 50 GB but it becomes necessary to keep your PST file in a control size which should be in between 2 to 10 GB in size.
- Some other main reason is due to virus infection which makes the PST file inaccessible.
- Your PST file corrupts due to OS gets reinstalled or OS get upgraded which make PST file corrupt or inaccessible.
- PST file gets corrupted because Microsoft Office Outlook gets upgraded.
Solution to repair PST file
Once the PST file gets corrupted, repair is the only option to access and restore the data which is stored in it. There is a possibility to repair corrupted PST file with the help of “scanpst.exe” which comes with Microsoft Office. But “scanpst.exe” has the ability to repair minor corruption in a PST file but very rare in severe PST corruption.
However if the “Inbox Repair Tool” does not fix your corrupt PST file, then you require a professional repair tool to repair the corruption. So it’s better to use Outlook PST Repair Tool which is powerful software that repairs corrupted PST file and also OST file. It scans the corrupt PST file thoroughly and repairs a healthy PST file and it is easy to use.
Ways to repair the PST file using Software
- Download first and then install Outlook PST Repair software
- After closing Microsoft outlook completely, start Outlook PST Repair.
- Then you can find three options on the main window, you have to select any one:
- Open PST file: Choose this option if know the PST file location
- Find PST file: Choose this option to find the PST file location
- Select Outlook profile: Choose this option to open PST file associated with particular Outlook profile.
- Now choose the scanning method which is suitable
- Normal scan: You can choose this method at times of minor PST file corruption
- Smart scan: Choose this method at times of severe PST file corruption and also when you want to recover deleted contacts or emails etc.
- After that choose the destination location to store the new PST file and then hit “Repair” button
- As soon as the repair process is finished, the software displays the repaired files in outlook style menu and this will also show the total no. of repaired contacts, notes, calendar items, emails etc.
- At last choose the desired ones and avoid the ones which are not required.