Summary: Hard drive throwing unknown errors? Hard drive working slow or outdated? Want to optimize hard drive performance? Just Relax! In this particular post you are going to learn two simple ways to fix hard drive errors and issues.
Let Us Begin With Practical Scenario:
No hard drive driver installed and cant find one!
I just got a new pc from computer planet and because I already have operating system software I elected not to buy it from them and install it at home.
I booted up via the CD but I could not find the harddrive driver on the motherboard CD or on the OS CD. Therefore I am stuck!
I have windows 7 and vista available.
My motherboard is Asus m5a78l-m
Harddrive: Seagate baracuda ES 750GB
Does anyone know where I canfind adriver OR how I can bypass the problem because computer planet are ignoring me?
– Original Post From Tom’s Hardware Forum
If you are having any problem with your hard drive driver, hard drive throwing errors, printer or any other hardware or facing the problem of slow performance, there must be reason of faulty driver. Faulty driver caused broken hardware and other problems.
Driver is an essential part of good performance of a computer. Without the right driver, your system cannot work best so you need to update your PC driver.
But, it is difficult to find latest driver for a computer. If your PC is having outdated drivers then you may encounter several driver problems and errors.
Additional Reading: How To Recover Lost Hard Drive Data On Mac OS X El Capitan
Some of the problems are mentioned below –
- Your computer takes several times to start.
- Unexpectedly, USB ports of your computer do not work appropriately.
- You buy a new device but that is not accessible on your system.
- Unknowingly, you remove a control file of your system and your PC become unusable.
- You don’t have any proper driver backup when you want to restore your PC.
- You are confused about finding the device drivers after re-installing your operating system.
- You are interrupted to notice an update from time to time.
- You have no idea of the system management and optimization.
- You have found out that some device has been connected to your PC perfectly, but you get an error message that the computer does not recognize the new device.
- When you want to print or scan something, the machine doesn’t work.
- There is no sound after a failed update of the audio card, even you have uninstalled the existing one and reinstalled a new version.
- You are disturbed with the blue screen, system crashing or freezing from time to time.
- It is a frightening for you to go a long way to set your system back into a normal condition.
The list of driver problems and errors does not end here. There could many users out there facing different kind of errors, corruptions or issues in their computer hard disk drives.
But you don’t need to get worried about it. Below, find out the solutions to fix and repair hard drive errors and problems that could help you in different ways.
Additional Reading: How to Clone a Hard Drive
Solution 1: Use CHKDSK Command To Check And Repair Hard Drive Errors in Windows 10/8/7
Before you try any third-party software to repair hard drive errors, we first recommend you to try CHKDSK command to fix and repair hard drive errors, corruptions and issues.
- Go to My Computer/This PC. Right click the hard drive that you want to repair and click on Properties.
- Select Tools and under Error-checking click > Check now.
- Check Disk Options dialog box will pop-up. Select any one of the following options to check and repair hard disk:
- To run CHKDSK in read-only mode then click Start.
- In order to fix errors, locate bad sectors and recover readable information then click on Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors and click
- In order to fix errors without scanning the volume for bad sectors then select Automatically fix file system errors and click Start.
- You can also check both box Automatically fix file system errors and Scan for and attempt recovery of back sectors and then click Start.
After this, your hard disk will get fixed or repaired and thereafter your hard drive shall work properly.
But if your problem is not solved yet, then you can try below mentioned solution.
Additional Reading: List of PC Hardware Issues And Its Solutions!
Solution 2: Use Driver Detective To Repair Hard Drive Errors And Issues
The above listed problems are mainly occurred for the out dated drivers and driver errors. To solve these types of problems, you have to download the latest drivers which are appropriate for your computer. But, it is really confusing that which driver is suitable for your computer and also time consuming.
So, you can do this job very easily with Driver Detective software which is suitable and perfect hard drive repair software. It automatically searches the proper updated drivers and installs these on your computer. It will also add integrated drivers and remove corrupted and broken driver files. So, for any problem regarding drivers, you can use driver detective tool undoubtedly.
Additional Reading: Troubleshoot & Fix Driver Problems In Windows 7
Steps To Use Driver Detective To Avoid Hard Drive Errors & Problems
Step 1 – Welcome Screen
Step 2 – Scan
Step 3 – Available Driver Update
Step 4 – Driver Details
Step 5 – Integrated Customer support
Step 6 – Driver Backup
If you are receiving any kind of errors or corruptions while accessing your hard drive, then you can apply CHKDSK command to fix the errors & issue and if you are encountering problem in hard drive due to driver issues then immediately apply driver detective software.